Women Environmental Programme (WEP) received from the Department of Forestry, Federal Ministry of Environment, 3000 trees seedlings as part of the Presidential Trees Planting Campaign to tackle climate change in Nigeria.
The tree seedlings have been planted across the country and distributed to various communities and organizations for planting.
The tree planting campaign is in fulfillment of President Buhari’s pledge to plant 25 million trees in Nigeria to enhance the country’s carbon sink as part of the country’s efforts to implement the Paris climate change agreement.
- Dobi Settlement, Gwagwalada
- Pagadna Settlement, Gwagwalada
- Government Day Secondary School, Dutsen Alhaji;
- Government Day Secondary School Dutse,
- Government Secondary School Zuba
- Government Secondary School Tungan Maje in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
- Rice Mill, Gboko
- Fidel Polytechnic, Gboko
- Government Residential Area, Gboko
- Igumale Local Government
- Welfare Quarters Extension, Makurdi
- Utu Layout, Makurdi
New Covenant Christian College, Makurdi
ECWA Good News Church, Makurdi
Holy Family Catholic Church, Asokoro, Abuja.
- Green Mobilization Initiative.
- Angel Support Foundation
- Environment and Climate Change Amelioration Initiative
- Community Links and Human Empowerment Initiative
- Joy Best women Cooperative Farm.